Financial Aid Policies

Satisfactory Academic Progress

All students receiving financial aid from federal and state sources must be making satisfactory academic progress (SAP) at Mid Michigan College. Students shall be monitored for satisfactory academic progress at the end of each semester of enrollment (Fall, Winter, and Spring).

View the full Satisfactory Academic Progress policy...

Return of Title IV Funds

Students that withdraw from all classes prior to completing more than 60% of a semester will have their eligibility for aid recalculated based on the percent of the semester completed. For example, a student who withdraws and completes 30% of the semester will have “earned” only 30% of any Title IV aid they are entitled to. The school and/or the student must return the remaining 70%. Students considering withdrawal from all classes PRIOR to completing 60% of the semester are strongly encouraged to contact Financial Aid to determine how withdrawal will affect current and future financial aid.

View the full Return of Title IV Funds policy...

Repeated Coursework

A student may receive federal financial aid for only one retake of any previously passed course or its equivalency. A second retake of a previously passed course is not eligible to count toward enrollment status for federal aid and therefore federal aid may not be paid for that course.

View the full Repeated Coursework policy...

Loan Code of Conduct

Mid Michigan College recognizes that ensuring the integrity of the student financial aid process is critical to providing fair and affordable access to higher education in Michigan. Therefore, these GUIDELINES are designed to avoid any potential for a conflict of interest between Mid Michigan College and students or their parents in the student financial aid process.

View Mid's Loan Code of Conduct...

Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA)

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 is designed to protect the privacy of educational records, establish the rights of students to inspect and view the educational records, and provide guidelines for the correction of inaccurate or misleading data through informal and formal hearings.

In accordance with FERPA, the college may not discuss a student’s academic and/or financial information with any person but the student (or other Mid personnel) without a presentation of a subpoena. To authorize Mid to discuss the designated information with a student’s designee (parent, relative, guardian, etc.), the student must complete an Authorization to Disclosure Information Form in person with Registration & Records at either campus. Click here to learn more about FERPA.


Beginning the 2021-22 academic year, there will no longer be an impact to a student’s Title IV aid eligibility if a drug conviction occurs while receiving federal aid. This is per the Federal Register notice and electronic announcement (GENERAL-21-04).

However, the FAFSA form will still ask a student this question on the FAFSA, and corresponding Comment Codes may result; no further action for resolution will be required. The FAFSA will also run a student through the Department of Justice (DOJ) system. Any student flagged with issues due to a DOJ Hold File will result in Comment Codes 09 and 55 or a Reject Code of 19; resolution will be required.

Back to the top