Going Pro Grant
The Going PRO Talent Fund, formerly known as the Skilled Trades Training Fund, makes awards to employers to assist in training, developing, and retaining current and newly hired employees. Training funded by Going PRO must be short-term and fill a demonstrated talent need experienced by the employer. Training must also lead to a credential for a skill that is transferable and recognized by industry.
Start the Going PRO application process today!
The Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity - Workforce Development awards funds to employers through Michigan’s workforce system, commonly known as Michigan Works! Agencies (MWA). MWA Business Services staff conduct fact-finding sessions with employers to assess their talent skill gaps, suitable training providers, and availability of federal funding sources. The MWA Business Services staff then determines whether Talent Fund awards are appropriate to help close the skills gap, and grants employers access to a convenient new online application submission process. Interested employers should engage their local MWA early to allow ample time for the fact finding process to ensure applications are completed in time for review. Learn more about Going PRO.
Mid is an approved Going PRO training partner.
Mid offers training in a wide-variety of areas, including the examples listed below. If you don't see the training you need in this list, contact us and we can locate a qualified instructor to provide the training when and where you need it.
- Courseware Development and Technical Writing
- Environmental Safety
- Computer and Information Technology
- Communication and Business Skills
- Leadership and Supervisory Skills
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Manufacturing Technology and Processes
- Project and Program Management
- Quality/Lean/Six Sigma/ISO
- Sales and Customer Service
Contact Tim Booms, Mid's Workforce and Economic Solutions Developer, to learn more about available training topics and opportunities.
Contact your appropriate MiWorks! representative to start the GoingPro Process
Mary Bickel, (989) 345-1090
Stephanie Buffman, (989) 846-2111
Clara Sherman, (989) 362-6407
Pam O'Laughlin, (989) 539-2173
Bob Balzer, (989) 426-8571
ISABELLA/GRATIOT COUNTYJulie Hintz, (989) 245-9553
- Healthcare, Hospitality, Retail
Santi Proamploy, (989) 280-1234
- Professional Offices, Communications, Agri-Businesses, Energy, Janitorial
Jerry Russell, (989) 513-3620
Amy Ames, (989) 280-4133
- Business Services Team Lead and Hospitals
Rod Reid, (989) 284-7946
- Manufacturing, Construction, Heating and Cooling, Transportation, Warehousing, Automotive, Education