Mid Cares!

Provide Feedback, Report a Concern, Complaint, or File a Grievance

Mid Michigan College’s long-term commitment has been to provide a working and learning environment that is safe, secure, and respectful. The exchange of information in a considerate, honest and productive manner is the foundation on which good human relations and Mid’s Core Values of excellence are built. Communication should always be the first recourse to any meaningful exchange. However, we do realize that in reality, communication is occasionally complex. In any healthy environment, concerns, complaints, disputes, and needs for improvement, arise. Differences emerge from miscommunication, perceived injustices, or misunderstandings. By bringing these situations to our attention, the College can use these issues as a means for improvement.

Our reporting forms can be used to provide feedback, report a personal or safety concern, file a complaint, or disclose a grievance. Please click on the title below that best corresponds to the situation that you wish to address and you will be routed to the corresponding report form. Should you wish to learn more about governing policies, procedures, conflict resolution, or if you are uncertain of which resource is best for the situation, please contact Tricia Farrell, Director of College Compliance and Ethics at mfarrell@midmich.edu or by phone (989) 386-6622 ext. 394.

If this concern is an emergency that requires the assistance of police, fire or ambulance, call 911

Reporting Options

Please click on the title below that best corresponds to the situation that you wish to address and you will be routed to the corresponding report form.

Student Wellness and Conduct

Wellness Referrals: Report of concern for an individual; concern can pertain to the wellness of a person or the concern of threat to themselves. Concerns may include, but are not limited to: behavior such as withdrawn, tearful, declining personal hygiene; family crisis, mental health concern, personal challenges, food insecurities, medical concerns etc.

Conduct Referrals: Report of any disruption to the educational process or violation of College rules, regulations and/or policies. Misconduct may include, but is not limited to: disruptive, disorderly, or indecent behavior; alcohol, drug or weapon violation, physical assault or threats, bullying, failure to comply with directions.

Instructor Concern & Grade Grievance

Concerns or complaints that a student may have with a course and/or instructor; concern/discrepancy regarding a grade issued/determined by an instructor(s).

Academic Misconduct

Acts of cheating, plagiarism, fabrication, facilitation or any other form of academic dishonesty.

Discrimination, Harassment, or Sexual Misconduct (and includes Title IX Complaints)

Complaints of discrimination, harassment, or sexual misconduct, which include dating violence, domestic violence, stalking, and sexual assault.

Safety and Security

Non-Emergency Safety and Security Concerns: Notification of any non-emergency acts or safety concern which could pose a threat to a person, damage property or result in harmful consequences if left unaddressed. Examples include, but are not limited to suspicious behavior, doors propped open, parking violations, improper disposal of chemicals, violations of college policies such as smoking, etc. Anonymous reporting under this form is available.

Student Accommodations Application

In college, accommodations for students with documented disabilities are not automatic. Students must self-identify and complete this application to be considered for accommodation services.

Access Barriers

  • Physical barriers encountered such as inoperative elevator, blocked access ramp, drifting snow
  • Web inaccessibility of online course content
  • Other barriers

ADA/Section 504 Grievance

For grievances, where a resolution could not be reached, alleging any action prohibited by the Americans with Disability Act or Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.

Employee Concern/Conflict

Concern, complaint, or interpersonal conflict that any EDUStaff or Mid employee may have/be experiencing.

Mid Feedback

Provide suggestions, feedback, report a concern or complaint, or give a compliment regarding College services and processes. Business service may include Financial Aid, Enrollment, Advising/Student Mentor, Safety and Security, Business Office, Learning Services etc.

External Complaints

Office of Civil Rights

A complaint can be filed by anyone who believes that a school receiving Federal financial assistance has discriminated against someone on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age. The person or organization filing the complaint need not be a victim of the alleged discrimination but may file on behalf of another person or group. Information on how to file a complaint with OCR is available online or by contacting OCR’s Customer Service Team at 1-800-421-3481.

Office for Civil Rights
Cleveland Office
U.S. Department of Education
1350 Euclid Avenue, Suite 325
Cleveland, OH 44115
Telephone: (216) 522-4970; Facsimile: (216) 522-2573
Email: OCR.Cleveland@ed.gov

Consumer Protection

The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs is the agency designated to review complaints against institutions of higher education. Complaints concerning the activities/education of Mid Michigan College should be referred to this agency. Students or prospective students wishing to file a complaint should refer to this document

Students who do not reside in Michigan may contact the authority in their state of residence.


The Higher Learning Commission will hear complaints related to general practices affecting accreditation. For more specific information, please visit the Higher Learning Commission website.

Back to the top